Friday, August 08, 2008

The world is round

It all started off a year with the buzz about me joining Etisalat, UAE a year back. Everybody at my home were against my decision. Going to UAE...no, not at all! But I just wanted to move out of India like many other Indians with the sole intention of making a big fortune there.

My profile got shortlisted and I got a call from a consultant that I need to come down for an interview. I flew all the way from Hyderabad to attend the interview. Both Sheikh and Firang (dunt remember their names now) interviewed me and it happened at Bangalore. It was understood that my expenses will be reimbursed by the big giant. It was an informal interview and they offered me with a good pay package. I started counting the figures in rupees and it was close to 2 lacs per month.

Immediately, I surrendered my passport and other vital papers to their HR personnels. After lots of discussions, they convinced me it was part of process to surrender your passport. I was little skeptical but I did not have any go then.

Now, a year has gone by...I am still in India with no reason and feelings to go abroad.:) I love my India. But few things have changed--I have changed my marital status to Married from Bachelor.

I got to know that Etisalat opened an organization here in India, Bangalore. They are looking for writers in their organization. Incidentally, my wifey got a call for this company for the same position I had an offer a year back. She applied for the post and got a call for the interview. I went along with her for interview with nostalgic feelings of not finalizing the offer then. No regrets man! She has just given the interview and she is not so optimistic about the result.

Let's see whether Etisalat is lucky for her !

No comments: